Thursday, May 26, 2005

Dedicated to Lei Lei

This first post is dedicated to Lei Lei because I would never start an on-line journal without her persuasion, plus I admit it's a great way to keep in touch.

I am new college graduate who has just moved back home to Huntsville for the summer. In my first 24 hours, I have again realized why I left this godforsaken place and why I must do everything possible to get out by fall. Nothing too dramatic happened, but today I went back to the high school to drop off the requested Subway sandwhich for my sister. Turns out they are not allowed to have outside food. I did not like the tone or manner in which the receptionist informed me of this "no outside food" rule. I ended up leaving lunch money for Ezinne and saying curtly, "I believe she has lunch at NOON. I trust you will get it to her before then." As I was walking out she said "We don't make the rules." I said "no problem" without turning around. I hate Huntsville High School. I was so pissed mostly because I wasted my time going up there and as a result I was late to lunch with Chinyere at her school. Now this incident may seem trite and not a good reason to dislike Huntsville, but it only triggers the many reasons why I left and why I can't stay here for too long. In a way it's good because it reminds me of the places I want to go and the kind of person I DON'T want to end up being.

On a more positive note, I learned the coolest thing from Chinyere. You know that step stuff I did in the Thurtene play? It's sort of like that except you use your hands but not your feet and it has a cool beat. I made her go over it with me until I got it. I'll have to show you sometime.

1 Comments:

Blogger Leibeans said...

You are so funny. You know, I've never read much of what you wrote before and I must say your writing style is very pleasant. I'm sorry about Huntsville and it sucking, when do all your buddies come back? Then it'll be better? maybe?

3:41 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home