Monday, May 30, 2005

Swimmin'

Today my mom, sisters, and I went swimming. It was really crappy weather, but Chinyere insisted on going. In fact, I've been swimming quite a lot lately. Yesterday Ezinne and I went, and two days ago Paul and I went to "the creek" where Jolene and her boyfriend Daniel and his family spend most of their summer days. We went out on their boat and did wakeboarding (which I suck at) and Daniel's dad pulled us on this big raft thing called the Bonzai (sooo FUN). Today we also played sand volleyball at Sonic and we're going back tonight at 8pm. This afternoon was f**king HOT, but no worries because I was being a good girl and wearing sunscreen.

I'm looking for a job because I need $$$ ASAP. I called my old boss from the City of Huntsville Parks and Recreation on Friday and we make plans to talk in further detail on Sunday; however, he failed to call. I talked to him today and I'm going to a meeting tomorrow where they are discussing summer programs. I'm not sure how this is going to work out so tomorrow during the day, I'm going around to different restaurants to see if I can work as a waitress. It's not my first choice, but I'd make decent money.

2 Comments:

Blogger Leibeans said...

WTF is wakeboarding? I'm intrigued (though I must say I cannot imitate you in your wide eyed look while saying "how WEIRD...." or "INTERESTING" or "how STRANGE." LOL, love you!! I'm glad you're having fun and good luck with your talk with that dude.

btw, did you know Shikha's working on her blog?

8:07 PM

 
Blogger AULO said...

Wakeboarding is the boogie board (mini surfboard) with these boots attached to it. You put your feet in the boots and the boat pulls you.

I told Shikha about the blog and gave her a little help over the phone.

3:22 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home