Wooo Cardinals!!
I went to the Cardinals game in Houston yesterday with Laura (a girl from the volleyball team who graduated last year) and her friends Bill and William. We sat amongst a crowd of Astro fans yelling and cheering for the Cardinals wearing homemade wife-beaters that said "I heart Cardinal boys." They won 11-9 with Reggie Sanders hitting a grand slam (early on in the game). During the game, they would do fun things on the big screens such as the "Kiss Cam" where they zoomed in on couples who would then kiss. There was this one elderly couple who started making out and they posted a big "censor" sign. It was quite funny. They also showed this younger couple and after they kissed the big screen said "Will you marry me so and so?" He put a ring on her finger, and she looked so happy but embarressed. You could hear the whole stadium say "awwwwwwwww."
Speaking of engagements, it seems like so many people from high school are getting engaged/married. One girl emails me asking if I'll be around for her wedding. One girl's facebook profile announced her engagement, and today after church I was just talking to a girl who is also engaged. I was so surprised, although I shouldn't be. You know how that kind of thing freaks me out, but thinking about it, I've concluded that I'm mostly freaked out about it because I can't understand how all these people are getting engaged when I have never had a boyfriend that has lasted more than 4 months!?!? It's kind of depressing AND the other day Chinyere was being silly and telling us our fortunes. Do you know what mine was? She said I would never get married or have any children because I was an independent woman who is picky and loves to travel. While I see the reasons as positive, it's the results that offend me. I asked her if I would at least have a boyfriend, but she had already started talking about Ezinne and Jr.'s futures. Ezinne is suppose to be the first one to marry. She'll be rich and have two children who she'll spoil, and she'll give lots of money to our parents but none to her siblings. Jr. will marry and have 3 or 4 children. Her predictions were amusing but all too real sounding.
Now on to other things.
As far as the job update: I met with my old boss and I'll be working for him starting June 13 at night from 6-9PM as a proctor of open gym. He said if I wanted to work with his other day projects that I should let him know, but I'm still looking for a different day job.
Some random incidents:
While I was at the pool with Chinyere some guy was trying to get my attention. When I finally noticed,
he said "Ezinne?"
I replied, "no, I'm her older sister."
"Are you sure?"
"Yes, I'm sure?"
"What's your name then?"
"Adannaa"
"Well, I don't have my contacts in, but man you look just alike," while shaking his head.
Apparently, we also sound exactly alike on the telephone, and just to confirm it I played a trick on Paul. He called me the other night to see what I was up to. We decided I'd come over to watch a movie. He was going to take a shower first, so I told him to call me when he was done. The phone rang about a half hour later and because I knew it was him I ordered Ezinne to pick up the phone.
"Hello," Ezinne said offering the offical greeting.
"Yo," Paul answered thinking it was me.
"Hello?" Ezinne responds.
"Adannaa?"
"No, this is her sister Ezinne."
"Oh! Ya'll sound just alike."
How scary that we both look/talk/act alike.
I came to the realization that my thoughts about boyfriends and friends is slightly wrong. I now can see how it's possible for your boyfriend and friends might hang out. You know how you can have different groups of friends who you don't hang out with togheter? That can now be applied to the boyfriend/friends scenario. However, (I said only slightly wrong) boyfriends and close friends must be able to get along otherwise the one with the boyfriend and friends will be miserable and unhappy. I mean if those who are close to you can't stand each other, there can be no other result than misery and unhappiness.
2 Comments:
Dude that is one long ass post. Chinyere is funny, but don't take her seriously. Yes you are all those things but must that result in not being married and having kids? I think if you want, in your heart, all these things, your career and educational choices will not hinder you. just don't make it a self fulfiling prophecy, you know what i mean?
I'm glad you came to your conclusion about boyfriends and friends but what made you come to this conclusion. I wish you had decided this sooner :)
Also, goodtimes with the Cards, I miss the Lou already! I'm glad they won!
3:32 AM
Actually the whole boyfriend/friend realization was very odd. I can't remember how it exactly started, but something happened that made me say to my mom "You know, your boyfriend and friends should be able to..." and then it hit me. I thought to myself "Why had I never seen it that way before? Hmmm..."
2:37 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home