Tuesday, August 23, 2005

First day on the job

Yesterday was my first day working for HALO. It was boring and frustrating. Boring because I was busy looking up people's phone numbers and frustrating because when I called people, the numbers were wrong or in my little blurb I would say "I'm calling on behalf of so and so," and the listener wouldn't even know who so and so was. However, my boss Kyle is very encouraging about the whole thing reminding me that we're not telemarketers, and that we're really involved in something great and noble. I thought about it later, and I think I just have to go about the calls differently. Even if the people don't know to whom I'm referring, the point is that they are probably property owners and can benefit from the organization.

After work yesterday, I went to a pool party at Baby's apartment complex. This place is freakin' awesome. The apartments are for four people. Each person has their own room and bathroom and they provided them with a bed, dresser, and desk. Also the complex has a pool, beach volleyball court, basketball court, gym, and computer lab. Everyone who lives there is a college student, but it's not university owned. I had a nice time lounging in the pool and checkin' out the boy candy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home