Thursday, August 25, 2005

Memories

Yesterday at HALO, I was making follow-up phone calls for an informational luncheon we're having on Monday. I called a Mr. and Mrs. Smith and ended up talking to the Mrs. I gave my little blurb, "Hi! My name is Adanna and I'm from the Home and Land Owners' Association, blah blah..." Afterwards, Mrs. Smith asks me,

"Are you Adannaa Oparanozie?"
"Well, yes I am!!!" [By this time, I've made the connection]
"I was your fourth grade teacher."
"Oh my gosh! I can't believe you remember me!"
"Of course, you were one of my favorite students."

We chatted a little bit about what we were now doing. She's retired but teaches English at a community college.

I couldn't believe it; I haven't seen or spoken to this woman in 12 years. Ahhhh, it's so nice to be remembered :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home