Relationships
Today at work, we had Papa John's pizza. It's my favorite because it comes with that oh so fatty garlic sauce that we all know and love. Apparently, the company's cleaning service decided to buy us lunch in order to make up for some wrong doing.
It was nice because I haven't had the chance to talk to my other colleagues, and there's about 6 of us who are 20 something. For some reason this girl, Heather, got to talking about how her grandmother wished she had gotten her education instead of getting married and having babies. Then she made some side comment about how she wished she'd waited. I was like wait..wait..wait..wait--you're married!?! (Although, things like that shouldn't surprise me anymore.) I'm not sure on exactly how old she is, but she's a senior in college and she looks around my age. Then she told us how she never gets to see her husband because he works all the time saying that he's trying to get out of debt because they both go to school. However, she says it's not the financial situation that's putting a strain on the relationship but the fact that they never see each other and that he never has time to relax, which makes him irritable.
WOW, I just couldn't believe I was having this conversation, especially since I have no idea what it's like to be in a committed relationship. I'm having enough trouble finding a suitable boyfriend.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home