Nothing much
Not a lot has been going on, but here are some random things.
This kid that's around my brother's age who went to HHS and is now at SHSU befriended me on the facebook. He's been facebook messaging questions like, "do you have a boyfriend," "are you at WashU or are you in Huntsville," "do you want to hang out and watch a movie." I don't remember this guy from high school, and I think it's slightly strange that he wants to hang out all of a sudden. However, I'll probably take advantage of the situation because it's an excuse for a free movie.
I've been thinking a lot about The J lately; it's kinda sick. I can't understand how I can let that boy get to me. Remember how I mentioned that he took me off his facebook, but I could still check his profile? Well, yesterday, I checked it, and I'm his friend again. I'm pretty sure I wasn't mistaken the first time because I looked more than once, but now I'm not so sure. Puzzling.
Oh yeah, I said not much is going on, but I lied. I've had issues with the Peace Corps process. Remember, I had to go to some more specialists? I did and after sending in the forms, I got a letter saying I was not medically cleared,therefore; they could not offer me an assignment. In other words, they were rejecting me. Well, this scared and upset me. What was I going to do now? I had already pictured this as THE opportunity to start my international career. I called the Peace Corps RN the next day to ask why I wasn't cleared. She said it was because of my shoulder. I told here there must be a misunderstanding because my shoulder is fine. I had to send in an x-ray report from the doctor with more details. So, I did that last week and called her on Monday. Turns out that I was right, and she medically cleared me. Yesterday, I received a formal letter saying I was dentally and medically cleared. Now, my file is going to the Office of Placement where they do the assigning. I'm not sure how long that will take, but I should be used to the waiting by now, right?
4 Comments:
Haha, what's with that kid? Wouldn't it be weird going out with someone the same age as your brother? Anyway, free movie, good times. I'm wondering, you seem to thinking about The J (that's what i'm calling him now and you can't make me stop) sporadically. What makes you think about him? It's strange to me because you seem to go through these phases of thinking about him.
Also, WTF with the Peace Corps? Really obnoxious. I hope they don't give you anymore trouble and just let you know soon! Meanwhile, it might be worthwhile to continue looking at available jobs and stuff in Chicago, DC, New York you know? Why not? It couldn't hurt.
9:00 AM
I don't know why I think about him sporadically. Probably because he is on the facebook and when he updates his profile, I check it. I also play these random scenarios in my head such as the argument we’d have about the incident after graduation, or accidentally running into him in some foreign location years down the road.
The thing that bothers me the most is I hate that I like him. Here's a partial conversation to illustrate my point.
Me: You intrigue me.
The J: If I really intrigued you, you'd drop out of college and move half way across the country.
Me: What! How dare you have the audacity to suggest such a thing!
The J: blah, blah (I don't exactly remember the response).
And the thing that bothers me is that I thought about it! I mean, I would have never ever done that ever, but the fact is I thought about it and those thoughts turned into "well, maybe I could move out there when I graduate. I could get a job or go to graduate school."
You know my stance on making a decision because of a boy. I can't stand it that I let him make me think/feel that way, especially since he's a million miles away.
You know, there's this morning show I listen to on the radio. A caller mentioned that she went to a psychologist who asked her what the opposite of love was?
The answer--indifference.
DAMN that "The J!"
12:55 PM
So the lesson is, just stop caring??? I guess yeah, hmmm, damn that facebook! I think it's perfectly alright to fanticize about moving out there as long as you know that it's still not a good idea, you know? I always thought the opposite of love was hate...isn't indifference the opposite of any strong feeling? Anyway, just a thought.
3:55 PM
That's what the caller thought at first (love vs hate), but love and hate are both strong feelings.
6:42 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home