Peace Corps: Relief Followed by Frustration
My current life question: When do you find out about the Peace Corps?
The question that haunts me and drives me mad. When will I find out? My anxiousness got the best of me, so I emailed someone at the regional office in Chicago about my application status last week. (Those are the people who nominated me.) They responded with a helpful email saying I should talk to the med people at the DC office.
After talking to Dennis, I learned that processing is slow during the summer, and there have been a flood of applicants. He said if I didn't hear something in 3-4 weeks I should call back. Furthermore, I learned that the deadline to accept or reject me is in December. Knowing more specifics helped calm my nerves.
Well, yesterday, I received some correspondence from them saying I need to fill out more medical forms. Not to mention, they have to be filled out by a dermatologist and an orthopedist. The Peace Corps wants more information on my eczema, which sometimes flares up on my fingers and on my painful/swollen joints, which refers to my shoulder. BLAH! I already hate going to the doctor and that just means spending more money.
1 Comments:
Bluh that's annoying. Why couldn't they have told you this earlier? Hope you don't have to spend too much seeing those pricey specialists :(
12:11 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home