Monday, September 26, 2005

Rita Aftermath

Hurricane Rita has passed, and we are fine. If you watched the news, you know that Rita hit farther east than anticipated, which was good news for Huntsvillans. The only thing we got were strong winds of about 40mph. Some tree branches broke, but there was no damage to our property. Our power went out around 9am Saturday and came back on that day around 6pm. We spent all day Sunday cleaning up and putting pictures and other decor back into place. My cousin and his family went back to houston late Saturday afternoon. And, when my auntie got off of work around 6pm, she picked up her kids to go home too. Needless to say, we are well, thank goodness.

My friend David (he studied in Spain) came to my house last night since he was in town from Houston. It was nice to chill with him. We talked a lot about friends and the difficulties of staying in contact now that we're moving on to the next stages of our lives.

I didn't forget to tell him about the wonderful blogging system ;)

1 Comments:

Blogger Leibeans said...

I'm really glad that you're okay. It's hard to tell from the news exactly how much damage Rita did because journalists tend to over exaggerate, but I'm glad you, your family, and your home are all okay :) LOVE! love love love... I was just thinking today how much I miss it when we are talking about something and the way you say "inntterresttiinngg" or "HOW WEIRD?!!?!?!?!?!" lolololol

8:24 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home