Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Tired of boys

This weekend was mostly related to boys.

On Friday, I met up with St*eve and his friend at TW's bar. Thier lawyer friend was buying drinks. I had a really good time because it was nice having a few drinks and some conversation. Afterwards, I felt really good because I could potentially be starting a mature relationship. However, St*eve almost ruined it by calling me later because he wanted to come over. He knew I had to leave the bar at 10pm to tend to my sisters, so I was a little annoyed when he tried to invite himself over.

The next day we went to a movie, Four Brothers. It was a 4:15pm movie, and later we went back to his house where he cooked fresh shrimp and potatos. It was yummy. We also watched Million Dollar Baby; that's a good movie. I'd like to watch it again because I was a little distracted by the kissing and eating that went on. I was turned off by this point because he tried to go up my shirt and into my pants. I've known this guy for a week, and he already wants to get down and dirty. He tried to put in another movie, but I told him I wanted to go home. On the way back, he asked me if I was tired of him already. I replied that I don't like to rush things and I don't like to be rushed. His response was "there's no rush."

Those words would prove to be wrong Sunday night. He called and here is how part of the conversations went:

St*eve: "Don't be surprised if I try to have sex with you."
Me: [Surprised laughter at his boldness] "Well, don't be surprised if I don't let you have sex with me."
"I would be surprised."
"Well, now you won't have to be since I warned you before hand."

I told him that I didn't know him that well, and that I have to be comfortable with someone. He hoped that I was comfortable with him, but I explained that I've only known him for a little while, so I couldn't possibly be comfortable at this point. Although the night before, I mentioned no rushing, it doesn't seem like he understands the concept. I'm really turned off, so when I talk to him again, I'll let him know that if he's looking for a sure sex partner, he can start looking some where else.

Remember that G*ian guy, half italian half belizean? Well, Sunday night/Monday morning my brother comes into my room at 3:30am with my cell phone. This G*ian kid is calling me, and I haven't spoken to him in 2 weeks! I tell Junior that I don't want to answer the phone and quickly go back to sleep. In morning I check the message, and to my surprise, he's called to apologize for making me mad. He really wants to hang out because he really enjoyed spending time with me. I was flattered and glad that he called. I ended up talking to him last night, and told him the reason I got mad was because that one night he was too forceful and when a girl says no, or at least when I say no, I mean it. I'm not sure how he took that. He said thanks for telling him, but then there was some silence so I changed the subject. We didn't talk long before I told him I needed to go to bed.

Right now, I'm tired of dealing with boys.

1 Comments:

Blogger Leibeans said...

I think you have to ask yourself a few questions:
1. Is having a boyfriend pertinent to being happy at this point in your life?
2. If not, what makes you happy or what will make you happy?
3. Is it worth wasting your effort and mind power on these guys who are likely not spending nearly close the same amount of time worrying about such things?
4. If the answer is yes to the first question, why? Who/what has suggested that having a boyfriend = happiness?

I say just f-it and forget about boys, concentrate on work, peace corps drama, friends, etc.

12:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home