Sunday, October 02, 2005

Fair on the square

Saturday was Fair on the Square, where the block off a few blocks of downtown and have tons of booths where they sell a lot of hand made things, food, and games. I took Ezinne and Chinyere, but Chinyere and I ended up walking by ourselves because Ezinne ran into some friends. It was sooooo hot outside, but it was fun because lots of folks were out and about.

Also, Thursday I ran into this guy, Duwane, that I graduated high school with. We exchanged numbers and that night he called to invite me to church on sunday and to a gospel concert in which he would be singing. I couldn't go to the concert, but this morning Chinyere and I went to his church. (He also invited my family to come along.) It was really fun. The songs were good and the sermon was lively. The pastor was moving all around, jumping up and down, and making us laugh, which is a drastic change from my church where there's a bunch of old white people. I think our pastor is very nice and is actually young at heart, but he doesn't hold my attention. Even Chinyere came away from the service saying "that was fun."

Oh yeah, by the way, I finished this Italian book called Io non chiedo permesso (ie I don't ask permission). It was a pretty racy and explicit novel. I just wanted to share.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home