Thursday, October 06, 2005

Parent or child?

On Monday, there was another incident with a parent. This kid, Taurin, who's about 12 or 13 was being extra bad. We tried playing this tag game, but soon enough it got out of control (they weren't playing by rules and they were just getting rowdy). While trying to switch up games, a few of the kids sat on the stage with their feet hanging over the edge. We instructed them to get off because they like to bang their feet against the stage. Well, Tauring was doing everything in his power not to listen. When he finally did get off, he put his arms around my shoulders as if to hug me and just hung there. I made a motion to shrug him off, but he wasn't budging. At the same time all the kids are running around and one little girl was trying to talk to me. In the midst of the chaos, Mr. Wiggs came in. He works for the city and is in charge of the facilites. He came over and tapped Taurin to get his attention to tell him get off of me. Taurin didn't realize that "an adult" was there and started to yell at Mr. Wiggs. When he turned around and realized who it was, instead of controlling himself, he proceeded to mouth off saying, "Don't put your hands on me!"

"I'm not trying to put my hands on you, but you need to get off the young lady."
"You better not put your hands on me!"
"I'm not putting my hands on you. "
Taurin starts to walk off still running his mouth.
"If you're gonna act like that than you can leave."

So, Taurin and a bunch of his siblings/cousins left. Soon afterwards his mother and some other woman came driving up to the rec. They storm in demanding to see the man who put his hands on her son. I tried to tell her that Mr. Wiggs was an employee, but she didn't want to hear it. So, Mr. Wiggs approached her. She was yelling something about how no one should put their hands on her son. Mr. Wiggs tried to talk to her, but I guess she felt more comfortable yelling. I made the rest of the kids go outside. When I came back in she was about done. She made Taurin apologize for being disrespectful, but as she passed me she said, "You're a grown woman. You tell him to get off of you." I didn't say anything; I just smiled. I already saw how her conversation went with Mr. Wiggs--you know--yelling and ranting like a child. There was no use in trying to talk/reason with her. I think she was displeased with my smile, so she yelled, "byyyyye" while looking me up and down as if to challenge me. She continued her ranting as she walked to her car and then burnt off in a mad rage.

1 Comments:

Blogger Leibeans said...

O M F G, what a biatch! She needs to take it down a notch and just take the blame. For parents like that, it's not your problem whatsoever. The way her son's behaving probably relates to how she brings his up as well. This attitude of "no one else's reasoning is worth listening to because I can be loud and obnoxious." bluh, I'm sorry, you shouldn't have to tolerate that kind of crap.

2:40 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home